For the development of a website commonly used content management system – CMS (Content management system or Content Management Software).
The diversity of CMS can be divided into two categories: paid and free. For hosting you could find various tariff plans for popular CMS, many even have the ability to pre set a specific content management system on your domain. Do I need to use them or not? What is the difference we try to understand. In order to give the correct answer, you need to understand.
Here are the basic parameters that must be met by any popular CMS for your site:
- Interface. The interface must be simple and understandable to the first minutes of using CMS was the feeling as if you already know how this works.
- Content. Simple and convenient add content site. To the editor (WYSIWYG), like Microsoft Word. These editors greatly reduce the time to edit the text.
- Empowerment. A simple extension of the capabilities of the website, adding new modules and solutions.
- Your design is simple. Easy change template, add new template and editing existing ones. What would the design of the site was cross-browser and cross-platform.
- The speed of the website. It is no secret the importance of immediate response of the website to user actions, which directly affects the traffic to the site.
- Protection. Safety is an essential attribute of each site. The popularity of this CMS and a tasty morsel for intruders. Therefore, there must be periodic updates of the kernel and modules that various developers eliminate vulnerabilities and errors.
As for the choice between CMS and written zeros systems, CMS has the following advantages:
Of course if your objective is written the website from scratch, there are some advantages. Of course we are talking about writing site professionals.
As for the benefits:
- A unique code is protected from mass hacker attacks, as the majority of attacks are on the pattern of errors found in common CMS.
- Less load on your web server. No need to check or load unused modules on all occasions.
- Quick completion of the site based on the programmer who has already figured out the logic of the site.
- The time and money to completion of additional modules and solutions, often a model which is already in a common CMS out of the box.
- Correction and error on their own.
- Constant updates by following trends of development sites, require a force of programmers and designers.
- it is easier to find a specialist for common CMS both in terms of authoring and in terms of work (if your site is written from scratch, your employees have to spend time to understand the intricacies of his work, while when using CMS you will be able to find employees who already worked with the content management system).
By analyzing all offers available on the CMS for the site, you can understand that all their representatives possess great powers. Let’s try to consider in more detail five of the most common:
Most versatile to date control system, which is suitable in the case of a complex resource, and simple to simultaneously visit a large number of users is WordPress. This system supports a wide range of additions and themes despite the fact that the system is free and has Russian interface. The ease of placing the material (in two clicks) – another indisputable advantage of using such a system. At the moment WordPress is the most common CMS, so many site owners are well acquainted with it.
You have a desire to create different in nature resources? Please use the popular CMS to Joomla. Significant functionality, just a giant list of skins, the same number of additions. Another convenience is impeccable for SEO optimization. The only difficulty is to understand the system and to adjust it under itself. The system is absolutely free. Overall it is a good tool for creating websites that meets all the main principles of CMS: intuitive and easy management, the possibility of self-construction and editing of the website, the availability of statistics, and much more.
Paid, but very functional – these are two main characteristics of the system DLE (DataLife Engine). Most often, this engine is used in working with the site that requires the use of a significant information base (for example, news portal). However, the use of multiple modules allows to turn the site into a directory and gallery. One of the main advantages of this system: the large number of queries such situation takes place for the server is almost imperceptible. Secure content protection, simple material optimization for search engines – it’s all DLE. That is why it is chosen for larger projects visited. This administrative part will be intuitive to any user, even with the most basic knowledge about the web technologies.
Original and old enough here’s how you can describe Drupal. Her age has already exceeded ten years, but it still allows you to create resources of different functionality. A nice addition to it is Russian language content and authorization using OpenID. Drupal comes with open source, and its main advantage, usually referred to as a flexible architecture. Also Drupal allows you to create multilingual web sites. Not to mention the large Russian-speaking and English-speaking community – if you have any questions or difficulties when working with this CMS, you will always find those who will help you.
1C Bitrix is a commercial product, on the basis of which created a variety of resources with dynamic content, the system has a visual and HTML editors PHP. The complexity – requires some time for familiarization and operation, as well as more demanding of the web server. Among the positive aspects of the CMS, highlight the integration with “1C:Enterprise 8” technology composite site that enables sites on Bitrix to run faster, separate SEO module, as well as overall scalability and fault tolerance of the system.